The Jim Morris Continuing Education Fund (JMCEF) provides an opportunity for individuals employed in NEFLIN member libraries to apply for a stipend of up to $500 to be used towards library related conferences, training, professional development or classes that contribute to the continuing education of the applicant. It was created by the 2011-12 NEFLIN Board of Directors and is dedicated to the memory of Jim Morris (http://www.neflin.org/jmcef/aboutjimmorris/).
1. Applicant must be an employee (full time or part time) of a NEFLIN member library.
2. Applications are due on the last day of the month prior to any of the NEFLIN Board meetings in January, March, May, July or November (e.g., the NEFLIN Board meets in November. Any applications received by October 31 will be considered).
3. The NEFLIN Board of Directors will consider applications and award funds based on the following criteria:
• Application is complete and received by the deadline date.
• Appropriateness of the event to applicant’s continuing education.
• Assessment of applicant’s statement explaining the need and benefit to themselves and their organization of the continuing education event.
4. The NEFLIN Board of Directors will award funds at their sole discretion.
5. Award notifications will be made after each regularly scheduled NEFLIN Board of Directors meeting.
6. Stipend recipients are required to submit the following items to NEFLIN within 30 days after the event:
• Submit documentation (e.g., registration receipt, travel receipts, agenda and/or certificate of attendance) as proof of attending the event.
• Write a brief summary (250-500 words) of your experience at the event and how it benefited your and your library (for use on promotional materials, etc.).
• Submit a headshot (.gif or .jpg) that can be used in promotion of the JMCEF.
Upon receipt of these items, funds will be disbursed.
7. A maximum of $500 will be awarded per applicant per calendar year.
NOTE: The Jim Morris Fund cannot be used towards membership dues for any professional organization.