1. Applicant must be an employee (full time or part time) of a NEFLIN member library.
2. There are two applications periods for funding in 2018. Applications are due by December 31, 2017, or April 30, 2018.
3. The NEFLIN Board of Directors will consider applications at their January 24 and May 30, 2018, meetings.
They will award funds based on the following criteria:
• Application is complete and received by the deadline date.
• Appropriateness of the event to applicant’s continuing education.
• Assessment of applicant’s statement explaining the need and benefit to themselves and their organization of the continuing education event.
4. The NEFLIN Board of Directors will award funds at their sole discretion.
5. Award notifications will be made after the January 24 and May 30, 2018, NEFLIN Board of Directors meetings.
6. Stipend recipients must submit the following items to NEFLIN within 30 days after the event:
• Proof of attending the event (e.g., registration receipt, travel receipts, agenda and/or certificate of attendance).
• Write a brief summary (250-500 words) of your experience at the event and how it benefited your and your library (for use on promotional materials, etc.).
• Submit a headshot (.gif or .jpg) for promotion of the JMCEF.
Upon receipt of these items, funds will be disbursed.
7. NEFLIN Award a maximum of $500 per applicant for out-of-state travel and up to $250 for in-state travel. A maximum of $500 will be awarded per applicant each calendar year.
NOTE: The Jim Morris Fund cannot be used towards membership dues for any professional organization.